The Complete Buying Guide to Fisher Price Bassinets
We only pick products we trust, based on independent research by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may receive a commission to create new content for you.
Buying your baby’s bassinet is such an exciting time! But it can also be a little overwhelming once you realize how many options there are to choose from.
Fisher-Price provides some of the best options when it comes to baby bassinets, and we are here to tell you all about them, as well as comparing 4 of the best options to make your choice that bit easier.
Quick Snapshot of the Best Fisher Price Bassinets
Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
A great choice when you’re looking for a bassinet that you can sway to gently rock your baby to sleep. The nightlight and music unit is a lovely extra.
Fisher-Price Rock with Me Bassinet
The Fisher-Price Rock with Me Bassinet provides babies with a safe surface to both sleep and play on – with the additional toys being a great bonus when you purchase this sleeper.
Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
The baby dome creates the perfect space for your baby to take naps and play, either indoors or outdoors.
Fisher-Price Stow ‘n’ Go Bassinet
This bassinet gives parents a simple and affordable portable bed for their babies.
In this Guide
Why are fisher price products so famous in the USA and around the world?
Fisher-Price is an American brand that was established in the early 1930s and primarily creates educational toys for young children. Its long history is what makes it such a popular brand that so many parents know, love, and trust to provide children with much-loved toys.
Fisher-Price also manufactures a wide variety of larger children’s items such as bassinets, chairs, and swings.
What makes a bassinet better than a crib or pack and play?
Whether a bassinet is better than a crib or a pack and play completely depends on your requirements. If you’re looking to equip grandparents or another family member with an easy-to-assemble crib that they can keep at their house for your baby, a pack and play would be a great option.
However, if you want a portable option that can be moved around your house, into your garden, or used during nights away from home, a bassinet might be the better choice.
Bassinets take up much less space than a pack and play so are ideal in homes where space is a little tight. One important thing to remember is that most bassinets are only recommended for use with babies up to 5-6 months of age, whereas a pack and play will last for much longer.
How to choose a bassinet?
The title of ‘the ultimate bassinet’ will be awarded to different products by different parents. But here are a few of the things that you may want to consider when selecting your bassinet.
- Portability – if you frequently spend nights away from home and require something easy to transport, be sure to choose a bassinet that is easy to assemble, is lightweight, and doesn’t take up too much space when packed away.
- Extras – consider what extras you might like from your bassinet. You can find bassinets that come with a mobile attached, extra toys to play with, mirrors, vibration settings, nightlights, and music.
- Height – think about how high or low you need your bassinet to be if you’re planning on using it alongside your bed as a sort-of co-sleeper. If you’ve had a c-section, you might prefer a bassinet that is shallower and allows you to easily reach for your baby.
- Materials – have a look at different bassinets from a safety perspective. For example; mesh sides create a more breathable environment for your baby, whilst firmer mattresses provide your baby with a safe sleeping surface.
Fisher-Price is a great choice for parents because they provide bassinets that meet every requirement. Their large selection means that you are sure to find something that you love and can trust in the quality of.
Staying safe with your bassinet
All bassinets will come with safety guidelines that highlight the age at which your baby can no longer safely use their bassinet. Most bassinets are recommended for use up until 5-6 months of age, between 15-20 lbs.
If your baby starts rolling over, sitting up, or moving around unassisted, you should stop using your bassinet and move your baby to a larger crib.
Always follow the safety advice that comes with your bassinet.
Complete Reviews of the Best Fisher-Price Bassinets
Best rated: Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet soothes your baby to sleep through a gentle swaying motion created by either you or your baby’s movement. The bassinet also has a lock option to prevent swaying and ensure that the surface remains stationary.
A dual lighting mode is one of the main features that sets this bassinet apart from alternative options. You can choose between a soothing projection of twinkling stars on the ceiling and a nightlight. The light unit can be removed and used as a tabletop soother away from the bassinet itself.
The Fisher-Price rocking bassinet provides your baby with a flat surface for safe sleeping, as well as an overhead mobile to give them an attractive object to engage with as they drift off to sleep.
There is also a small storage shelf underneath the bassinet that you can use to keep diapers, muslin cloths, and anything else that you will need during night feeds.
What I like about the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
- The option to set the calming music and sounds for 30 minutes.
- The handy storage shelf for keeping night-time necessities.
- Gentle rocking that can be activated when your baby wakes in the night.
The downsides of the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
- The light and music box is a bit bulky when lifting your child in and out of the bassinet.
What Parents Say?
I replaced a co-sleeper Arms Reach with this one and we both much like this bassinet.
Best Multi-Use: Fisher-Price Rock with Me Bassinet
The Fisher-Price Rock Bassinet allows you to gently rock your baby to sleep, as well as lock the feet into a stationary position to stop the bassinet from swaying if you prefer.
This bassinet comes with a mirror fixed onto the inside of the side panel as well as a detachable soft toy – it also includes a soft owl rattle toy for your baby to play with either inside or outside their bassinet.
Being lightweight and easy-to-fold means that this bassinet can be transported around your house and brought with you on holiday without the hassle.
What I like about the Fisher-Price Rock with Me Bassinet
- It’s very easy to push and rock the bassinet.
- The toys that come with the bassinet provide an element of play and discovery for your baby.
- It’s a great option for both playtime and sleep.
The downsides of the Fisher-Price Rock with Me Bassinet
- The mattress commonly shrinks when washed in a machine, causing it to leave gaps down the sides.
What Parents Say?
Lovely bassinet – folds and unfolds, takes up no storage space and is super easy to assemble.
Best Portable: Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
This Fisher-Price bassinet is a great portable option. It’s a small pod that creates the perfect space for your baby to take naps and play on whether inside or outside the house.
The Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome features a double-sided canopy that meets in the middle to provide your baby with 360 protection from the sun (UPF 20) and stop bugs from getting inside.
The bassinet comes with two removable toys that can be used for interaction inside the dome, but that are also great for developing motor skills and dexterity during tummy time.
If you’re looking for a portable place for your baby to take naps and play in the garden, you’ve found it! This Fisher-Price bassinet folds flat and includes handles that make it even easier to transport between locations.
It is available in various colors so that you can find something to suit your tastes.
What I like about the Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
- The item is larger than it looks, and has adequate space for your baby to play.
- A perfect option for the outdoor-loving family.
- It’s a much more compact alternative to a pack and play.
The downsides of the Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
- You can only lower one of the sides, the other stays up permanently and can make it a little difficult to place a sleeping baby into the dome.
What Parents Say?
We took it to the beach. It’s far enough from the ground so the sand won’t get in. The mesh on the sides provides a nice breeze. And the cover on top blocks out the sun. Take my advice, buy this!
Most Affordable: Fisher-Price Stow ‘n’ Go Bassinet
The Fisher-Price Stow ‘n’ Go Bassinet provides parents with a simple and affordable portable bed for their babies.
The bassinet features a vibration setting that can help to soothe your baby to sleep and provide them with a familiar feeling when using the bassinet away from home. It’s an easy bassinet to use when traveling due to its simple assembly and packing.
360 mesh sides make for easy visibility of your baby as well as optimal airflow if your baby gets too close to the sides during the night.
The bassinet comes with a firm mattress that provides a safe sleeping area for your baby and is machine washable.
What I like about the Fisher-Price Stow ‘n’ Go Bassinet
- The easy-carry storage bags for nights spent away from home.
- An all-round view of your baby whilst they sleep in their bassinet.
- The simple design.
The downsides of the Fisher-Price Stow ‘n’ Go Bassinet
- It’s a little deep, so might be uncomfortable for C-section moms to use.
What Parents Say?
It is a high quality and simple bassinet and it does not cost a ridiculous amount of money. Very happy with our purchase!
Fisher-Price provides parents with a variety of options when looking for a safe, portable, and comfortable bassinet for their babies.
With multiple options to suit different budgets and requirements, you’re bound to find something that you and your baby love!