Colgate Eco Classica III vs Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer: High Quality and Comfy Mattresses
We only pick products we trust, based on independent research by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may receive a commission to create new content for you.
Choosing the ideal crib mattress for your baby is not an easy task. I'm sure you've done quite a bit of research before you got here.
You may have wondered: what are the brands and mattresses that other parents recommend? Of course, it's important to ensure that the mattress fits snugly in the crib you already have or are planning to purchase. (Surely you already know the rule of the two fingers). And maybe you've already made a good investment decision: to buy a mattress with a life span of several years, a so-called 2-stage mattress, infant and toddler.
Well, you have been very diligent. You have precisely identified the key characteristics. The two mattresses we are confronting in this post meet all those requirements to supporting your baby's safe sleep: the Colgate Eco Classica III and the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer. They have received excellent feedback from parents for their superior quality, both are dual firmness or 2-stage, and their size is standard so we know they fit almost all cribs like Pottery Barn Kids, Delta, Babyletto and even Ikea (In fact, both were picked in our review of the best Ikea crib mattresses).
This article will save you research time. It has been hard for our team to decide a winner between these two great baby mattresses. But in the end, you'll see the result of our detailed comparison (more than 500 buyer reviews).
Let's start by confronting the two mattresses for all their quality attributes.
Quality: Face-to-face, two of the top dual firmness mattresses
- Colgate Eco: it resists the years very well, it doesn't sag. It's made of top quality materials.
- Moonlight Little Dreamer: with its double-sided design, like the Colgate, it works for the infant and toddler stages of your child. It's possibly the easiest mattress to clean, many parents really love it. Keeping it in good condition is as simple as wiping with a damp sponge or removing and washing its cover.
Both of these baby mattresses are very close. They are products that will last for several years. The Moonlight has very positive parents' feedback since it's so easy to keep it as new.
Organic: Here the Colgate Eco gets an edge
- Colgate Eco Classica III: The Colgate company produces a mattress made of eco-friendly materials for babies. It's not a 100% organic mattress. But it's one of the cleanest mattresses for carcinogens, plastics and fire retardants on the market. Particularly in an average price range, so you won't smash your wallet.
- Little Dreamer: Like the Colgate Eco, it's Greenguard certified in the Gold category, so it is gentle on its materials and thus limits toxic emissions. This means it's also careful about your little one's health.
The Colgate Eco Classica III mattress truly offers a price-organic quality ratio that is good for your baby's sleep and parents' budget. The Moonlight Little Dreamer is greener than average, but it doesn't reach the level of the Colgate Eco.
So the next match will be crucial to pick a winner.
Transition to Crib: Which mattress helps you to overcome this challenge?
- Colgate Eco: It has a key ingredient for baby's comfort: its waterproof cover is very comfy and soft. It is a great companion for a mattress that is firm particularly on the side for infants.
- Moonlight Slumber: Many parents consider it is a firm mattress but not too hard. It is one of the comfiest mattresses you will find for your baby. Some infants become fussy with stiff mattresses. Of course, firmness is a non-negotiable rule to prevent risks in sleep. The Little Dream fully meets these safety standards. But it also creates a cozy place for the baby, this is very valuable when transitioning to the crib. It is also a super silent mattress. There are noisy mattress covers, which wake the child up as soon as she moves in her cot. So the task of taking the baby to the crib becomes a nightmare.
While the Colgate has a very comfortable cover, the Moonlight Little Dreamer has been designed to keep your baby in a super comfy dream. It's a safer bet when it comes to moving your little one to his bed.
And the winner is
It was a very close competition. When we did this study, no other mattress was better rated by Amazon buyers. Both mattresses are standard size and dual-sided. The Colgate Eco is a durable, waterproof mattress with a soft cover and numerous organic attributes. It's an excellent choice.
However, the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer is the winner. Let me say it in just one sentence: peace of mind for the whole family. Very comfortable for baby, easy to clean, lightweight, certified and super quiet. Even its price is in the area that many parents love.
The Little Dreamer sits at the top of all this research about an outstanding crib mattress for your little one.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer
Colgate Eco Classica III